18 January 2015

My SYW Personality Commanding Generals part II

I have completed three more French general-staff figures. The centre figure will be my new Mr. le comte de Guerchy. He was also colonel of the regiment Du Roi (IR12). Therefore I thought of having a staff-officer of this regiment at his side. The right figure is another French lieutenant-général.



As you can see, the full cuirasse has become the new fashion among the French. I love their looks. I should have done that with earlier paint jobs.
While painting, I detected a minor flaw. Note the centre Guerchy comes with a different coloured shabraque. The front face one is blue, while it is red on the reverse side :-))). The heck. With my flats you can only see one side at a time, anyway.


3 comments:

  1. Really nice. They look three-dimensional.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I really had to look to find the painting mistake. You really can hardly notice it.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete