20 November 2015

My SYW Brunswick & Hesse-Cassel Infantry part II

Below find a few images of my latest paint-jobs.
I have somewhat remastered the Hesse-Cassel Malsburg, IR 10 (left), and the Brunswick regt. Zastrow, by giving them new flags and a new issue of black gaiters. The Hessian Malsburg men are seen with their white linen summer dress breeches, instead of the regular yellow dye wool breeches. Ever since I saw that Hessian Garde officer illustrated in John Mollow / Malcom McGregor Uniforms of the Seven Years' War  way back in the 1970's, I was hooked to this yellow vests and white breeches idea being distinctive Hessian, learning only much later that white breeches for summer dress were rather universal, really.

Next comes my newly painted Hesse-Cassel regt Wutginau (IR 5), in 1759 "Leib-Regiment", but changed its name when Frédéric II became the new Landgrave in 1760. He now promoted his own Erbprinz regiment (IR 7) to the new "Leib-Regiment", which I have also added as a new unit to my SYW Allied Army.

Malsburg as well as Wutginau both have the old flags of the period of William VIII (1751-1760). This design was carried all through the 7YW, despite the devolution of the crown in 1760. But there have been exceptions, it is believed. An alternative newly introduced flag design can be seen with my latest paint-job, the 1760 new Leib-Regiment (IR 7) below.


I have decided to paint this unit in the dress, that is believed to have been introduced only at around May-June 1761. Rather late during the war. Before the facing colours were light yellow instead of rosé. I just love this rosé facing colour, and at the risk of entering the realm of imaginary nations here, I just wanted to have those lads look just this way. I love 'em. The flag design is similar as that of Frédéric's 1760 newly raised "Leib-Garde" (IR 14).

7 comments:

  1. Once again your figures are proving an inspiration for me, they are superb. Best regards, Simon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they really are amazing. Lovely work.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simon & Strokes,

    Many thanks for your compliments. I will continue to do my best and share the fruit of all my work.
    Cheers,
    Christian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christian, as you replied to a comment of mine to your H-K artillery posting, 40/54mm figures are not really your range. Inspired by your paintings I painted a set of 12 figures in the 1761 uniforms of the H-K Leibregiment,using the 54mm Prussian figures from Prince August. However, if your interested, I would provide you with some photos.
    I also have to other questions, regarding the uniforms of the H-K Mounted Jaegers and the H-K Hussars. But I do not want to go off topic here. Maybe we could get in contact via E-mail?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Armand,
    drop me an email
    christian-dot-ka-dot-rogge-at-web-de
    Das geht dann auch in deutsch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Work i am looking to see if you have done any Fontenoy Dutch Figures ? Ive looked through your work and beautiful figures and collection!
    Prosit Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, I don't have any Dutch apart from two flag bearers that appear at my Laufeldt scenario.

    ReplyDelete